Monday, April 9, 2012

Lollipop Chainsaw -- PAX 2012 game play

This weekend I attended PAX East in Boston and have to say for it being my first time at the con it was one hell of an experience.  I'm not much of a PC gamer but the crowd I went with are some serious games.  It was 2 days of PC games and board games, and when I needed a break from it all I managed to sneak away for a little xbox game play of my own.

My biggest highlight from the weekend was Suda51's latest game, Lollipop Chainsaw.  I stood in line for almost 2 hours as I anxiously waited for my turn in the bus kicking some ass with Juliet.  Yes it's a basic hack and slash zombie game but with the twist of a high school cheerleader being the main character for gameplay and the periodic assistance from her boyfriend's head (when placed on a glowing blue zombie) is a hilarious and fun take on the genre.  With a chainsaw in hand and constant need to collect lollipops to regenerate health, Juliet is the most fun I've had recently.  I love the concept of the Sparkle Hunting making this pom-pom carrying killer a blast to play.  Even the comic elements that give the overall look and feel of the game something I'm totally looking forward to playing.

Lollipop Chainsaw is set to hit shelves on June 12, 2012.  Make sure to stop in at your local Game Stop and pre-order your copy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment