Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Favorite Forgotten Films by Peter Jackson

Peter Jackson is a unique filmmaker who is primarily known for his later films, but it is his earlier films that I find to be some of his better flicks.

#3: 1992 brought about the release of Dead Alive, a campie horror comedy film that I have always considered one of my favorite films.

#2: In 1989 a very disturbing film was released call Meet the Feebles.  This flick was the second feature length film Jackson directed.  Although it is not a widely known film it is one that you will never forget once you see it.

#1: The Frighteners hit theaters in 1996 and terrified me.  15 years later and I can still remember the movie poster of the of the monster pushing its way through a white canvas.  It was not just the poster that scared me as a 10 yr old horror fan, but the idea that when it was our time to die that we might have a number etched into our forehead.  Personally I find this to be the best picture he made.

I feel that these early films are far too often forgotten and they shouldn't be.  If you haven't seen these films I recommend checking them out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment