Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Nightmares: Vampires

During the haunting season it is customary for some to go in search of that one thing that will terrify them. I have always been a fan of the psychological thrillers, horror films, gorror films, etc and yet for a long time I have not been able to find anything that has truly given me a run for my money. I have searched high and low, in films, televisions, books, and more recently at a haunted house that opened recently in NoHo. I attended Nightmare: Vampires hoping for the a freight and was happliy surprised by some of the actors. It's an interesting experience when you get to stare down something that terrifies you, and as I went through the haunted house I stood inches away from very conveincing actors in amazing make-up dressed as ghouls, zombies and vampires. I think I disappointed them more than they disappointed me because I simply did not jump and scream as much as the other "kids" (high school and college students) that were in my group. Several of the vampires even stood less than an inch away from me, baring it all with blood and teeth, doing their best to make me jump. I welcomed that challenge and met them head on. But now, as I think back to the experience I actually get a slight chill that runs through my body. They convenced me that they were in fact the part that they were playing and it is the memory of their eyes and bloody teeth and give me the chills, and although it did not nevessarily make make me jump or scream at the time, it does effect me to think about and remember what it was walking through the dark passage ways that took you from one room to another filled with creatures that haunt our nightmares.

No comments:

Post a Comment