Friday, December 31, 2010

Hannah's Top 10 From 2010

As a new year quickly approaches I feel that the best way to close out this year is by posting my top 10 movies of 2010.  I know that there are plenty of lists out there compiled by contributors from Entertainment Weekly, Time, and any other source you choose to pick from, but for some reason none of those lists shave satisfied my own preferences by any stretch of the imagination.  Time Magazine's Top 10 list that seemed to lean to the political spectrum, and yet the majority of the films on their list had limited releases so few people had the opportunity to see them.  Entertainment Weekly's critic, Owen Gleiberman published a list that included a several films that I couldn't even finish.  I did find JoBlo.com's Top 10 list to be one of the few that actually included films that truly deserved recognition.  I know that several of the films I have picked might not make most people's lists let alone receive the recognition they deserve from any of the award circuits, however there is something about each one of them that has made them my go to films of the year.   Each has left a last impression on me unlike many of the films that have recently received nominations from Critic's Choice/People's Choice/SAG Awards.  With the award season quickly approaching I feel since many of my picks for the year will not receive proper recognition I must do my part...

So in honor of 2010, here is my pick for the Top 10 Movies of 2010.


1. The Social Network
2. Black Swan
3. The King's Speech
4. Kick-Ass
5. Toy Story 3
6. How to Train Your Dragon
7. Mao's Last Dancer
8. Restrepo
9. The Fighter
10. She's Out of My League



Additional favorites:  Tangled, Book of Eli, Creation, My Name is Khan, Green Zone, Girl with a Dragon Tattoo, Girl Who Played with Fire, Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, A Nightmare on Elm St, Holy Rollers, Despicable Me, Inception, Let Me In

No comments:

Post a Comment