Thursday, January 14, 2010

One eskimO

For the past two months I have been stuck in the thick of a maddening process. If any of you have ever written or attempted to write a novel, screenplay, etc you will know exactly what I mean. It's one of those things that you get so wrapped up in that it takes over your life, and not just your waking life but also your dreaming life as well. For me, midway through this years NaNoWriMo competition I just lost it. I sat staring at a blank word document unable to find any words. I was stuck between two points and had no idea which direction I needed or even wanted to go. I had hit a wall.

Two weeks into NaNoWriMo I quickly fell behind in my word count and tried desperately to find something that would get the creative juices flowing again, but nothing helped. I tried my usual movie marathons. I tried watching television series that would pull me so far away from where I needed to be, hoping that sooner or later something would push me back. I dived back into research. I looked at artists for concept art and sketch pieces that might inspire me. And then when I had run out my own music to listen to I turned to a search for something online. A new artist, or music video. I needed something. I did random searches on myspace/music, aol radio, etc. But one night at about 3am I stumbled across a song that just stuck with me. I heard it in my dreams that night, playing over and over again and when I woke up the next morning I was able to work again. Now that I have a completed manuscript, thanks partially to a band from London, I now have time to look into finding their albums here in the states. So my first stop was youtube.

Being a lover of film, and if any of my friends are reading this... penguins... they would know why my heart goes out to One eskimO. Not only does their music touch me, and inspire me to come up with a rather insane literary tale, but their music videos as a collection is unbelievable. So, in true form... I feel the need to share with the cyberworld. Keep in mind, the order in which these videos have been put together to tell a story do not follow their order on their album. Instead let the originality and creativity of this indie band from the UK take you on an adventure with a little eskimo that you will never forget.



The Adventures of One eskimO --
Chapter 1: Lost Love (Astronaut)

Chapter 2: A Dream Revealed (Kandi)

Chapter 3: Heartbroken (Slip)

Chapter 4: A Little Help (Balloons)

Chapter 5: Army of Darkness (Chocolate)

Chapter 6: Star Journey (Hometime)

Chapter 7: Paradise Lost (Sample Day)

Chapter 8: An Ocean Tale (Chosen One)

Chapter 9: The Dead Island (UFO)

Chapter 10: Leap of Faith (Amazing)

No comments:

Post a Comment